Continuing our successful series of online events, our latest Play England webinar was:
The importance of playgrounds – let the children play!
Friday 23 October 2020 11am-12.30pm
To see highlights from this webinar please click the links below
- Intro from Chair of Play England Anita Grant, https://youtu.be/hhqLaiKGXSc
- Professor David Ball, Risk Management, Middlesex University, https://youtu.be/rkE4CE3rYhU
- Professor Helen Dodd, Child Psychology, Reading University, https://youtu.be/K3gZ7IJLv1U
- Mark Hardy, Chair of the Association of Play Industries, https://youtu.be/JVpgYpggqfE
- Discussion, https://youtu.be/-1Pwqr8fN-k
As October 2020 half term approached, and with the country entering tighter restrictions, Play England was delighted to host this webinar on the importance of the role of play areas for children.
The importance for children to play outside and with peers is being proven and recognised throughout the UK but the issues of managing to keep this access available are complex.
The webinar was suitable for everybody involved in running and maintaining playgrounds, including parks officers, local politicians, adventure playgrounds and school staff.