It means working as a staff and management team to organise your policies and procedures – ‘how we do things here’ – into a portfolio of evidence. The portfolio can be paper-based or electronic or a mixture of both – as long as it is well-organised, accessible and easy to use.
This will take a bit of time and effort to begin with, but it will save a huge amount of time and effort in the future, helping you to get on with what you really want to do – creating a great play environment for children.
How? Because you will have created a management and team development framework tailored to your particular provision and your playwork ethos. You can also use the portfolio to:
- show existing funders or commissioners that your project is a safe pair of hands
- meet the requirements of Ofsted or other regulatory inspections
- induct new staff and management
- provide robust evidence to new funders or commissioners
- organise your website, social media and other publicity
- apply for external assessment to gain a nationally-recognised quality award
Back to Why use Quality in Play?