Play England is part of the Free Time Consortium, a collective of organisations working together to increase freedom to play.
The Consortium is founded on the principle of sharing information and resources to support more children to play more often. Through promoting good practice, and joint fundraising local Play Associations, forums, networks and national specialist organisations aim to make sure that all children in England have the time, space and opportunity to play throughout their daily lives.
Joining the Free Time Consortium
Voluntary organisations, charities, not-for-profit organisations, social enterprises and organisations registered as a community interest company can join the Free Time Consortium.
Organisations must agree to:
- Sign up to the FTC Statement of Commitment and Memorandum of Agreement.
- Sign up to the Charter for Children’s Play and be committed to the UNCRC Article 31.
- Become a Play England member.
- Be working towards or have achieved a quality kite mark that embeds the Playwork Principles into play provision (such as Quality in Play) where appropriate.
- Be committed to continuing professional development for their staff, including endorsed training and playwork qualifications where appropriate.
- Promote and support FTC campaigns, currently Love Outdoor Play.
- Attend FTC meetings and conferences.
- Join one of the FTC Development Groups.
- Sign up and contribute to the FTC hub.
Current Consortium members are:
Birmingham PlayCare Network, Children’s Links, Children’s Scrapstore, Dens of Equality, Enfield Children and Young Persons’ Services, Hackney Play Association, Haringey Play Association, Hillingdon Play Association, Islington Play Association, KIDS, Lambeth Play Association, London Play, Manchester Young Lives, Milton Keynes Play Association, Nature Workshops, Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL), Oxfordshire Play Association, Parkour UK, Play Association Tower Hamlets, Play England, Play Gloucestershire, Play Torbay,Playing Out, Playworks, Playwork Partnerships, Plymouth Play Association, Sefton Play Council, Shiremoor Adventure Playground Trust (North Tyneside Council), SkillsActive, Wansdyke Play Association, and Yorkshire Play.
If you are interested in joining, please download and complete the FTC Application Form and FTC Statement of Commitment:
Download Application Form [48KB DOC]
Download Statement of Commitment [97KB DOC]
Download Memorandum of Agreement [54.9KB PDF]
Download Further Information [40KB PDF]
Return them both to Play England, c/o Homerton Grove Adventure Playground, Wardle St, London E9 6BX.